With this Advanced Mountain Bike Ride, you’ll lose most of the calories, which you have gathered during your stay in Porto. Join us for this epic MTB Ride in the outskirts of Porto! We will spend most of the day in the saddle, riding in the “Serras do Porto” mountain range.
Let me show you where I have been riding in the last 9 years, and what are my favourite climbs and downhills. Fortunately, the Porto Mountains are not lacking them!
On the tour, you can expect a 4-5 hour ride (depending on the pace), with 40-45 km and about 1500m+ elevation. It begins in the morning hours and it lasts until the middle of the afternoon. Do not worry, we are going to rest a bit too. We are going to have a lunch stop in a small restaurant hidden in a canyon.
We will ride 80% in a forest, surrounded by eucalyptus trees. Pedaling along the River Ferreira which flows through a rocky valley, leading us to a village which has less than 10 inhabitants and houses are made out of stones. There will be great viewpoints as well, where we can appreciate the views of Porto.
There is an opportunity for group tours and private tours as well, please contact us for more detail!
You can book this tour every time, you only need to ask my availability. Please contact me a few days before you pretend to book the tour! Can happen that in some occasions, I cannot organize the tour.
- Group price (minimum 2 riders) 89 € / Person
- Single participant price 129 €
- Bicycle rental fee for the tour 35 € (optional)
What can I do if the tour is sold out?
Let us know if you have an alternative date in your mind for the tour, and we do our best to make it happen for you. Are you willing to do the tour with your friends? We can organize the tour for groups on requested dates as well!
Do you have some doubts or/and need more info? Call us (+351 938 076 430) or write to us to the email@example.com e-mail adress. Under the Contact menu you can find alternative contact information too!
The price includes
- Travel from downtown Porto to the start of the ride and back (Extra info 1.)
- Lunch during the ride
- Tour guiding
- Liability insurance and personal accident insurance
- Soft drink or water during a coffee stop
- Cereal bars and energy drink
- Technical support
The price excludes
- Bicycle rental price (optional)
- Travelling to Portugal/Porto and any other travel costs beyond the mentioned above
- Other meals and drinks besides mentioned above
- Entry fees for tourist attractions
- Cycling gear: helmet (Extra info 2.) , clothing, etc.
- Other additional or optional expenses
On this tour, proper mountain bike should be used. You can bring your own bike, if you prefer! In case you do not have one, you can rent from us. We use Specialized Rockhopper 29er bikes, with rigid aluminum frame and suspension fork, equipped with hydraulic disc brakes.
There is a possibility to do E-bike rental, and or E-bike tour versions as well. In the future, Fatbike rental will be also available.
This tour is recommended to
We recommend this tour to those who have at least 0,5-1 year of mountain biking experience! To those who can handle race bikes properly, who have higher stamina than average and do sports regularly.
For those, who haven’t rode in Portugal yet or haven’t been in Portugal yet
For those who have a passion for mountain biking
Who loves the challenges and would like to have a view from a different perspective to Porto
Most of the trails of the Porto Mountains are technical and the terrain is rocky. It is not all the time difficult, there are also wide gravel trails. This tour is designed for those, who are practicing mountain biking for several years and are experienced riders.
- It is possible to change the pick-up point beyond the Porto vicinity. For this service, an extra cost is added to the price of the tour determined by the distance from Porto and it is always discussed with the client first.
- Safety first! Using a proper bicycle helmet is mandatory on our every bicycle tours, as well as compliance and responsible behavior according to the Highway Code in Portugal and Spain. If you do not have a helmet, please let us know when you subscribe for the tour, we lend you one!
Fill out the fields below to book this tour.