If you are bored doing sightseeing tours and going to the beach on your Portuguese holiday, then join us for a relaxing bicycle tour in the valley of the River Tâmega, in the heart of the green wine region! Only an hour away from Porto by car you can reach the Bastos wine region where our tour takes place.
Once a railway crossed through this region from Amarante to Arco de Baúlhe which was deactivated in 1990 and rebuilt as a „Eco” way for cyclists and hikers. Most of the old stations are remodeled, some of them are coffee bars, some of them ar hostels and museums.
The scenery is very beautiful, you will cycle by vineyards, wine producing farms (Quinta), eucalyptus forests. From several places you can see the River Tâmega and the Alto de Sra. da Graça mountain top, which is one of the iconic stage finish of the Tour of Portugal bicycle race.
Mainly on the weekends, can be Saturday and/or Sunday. Please let us know until the middle of the that week if you would like to book this tour. Can happen that is some occasions, we cannot organize the tour on weekends.
For especial request, we can organize this tour during the week as well!
129 €/Person (2-8 Persons)
169 € Single participant
What can I do if the tour is sold out?
Let us know if you have an alternative date in your mind for the tour, and we do our best to make it happen for you. Are you willing to do the tour with your friends? We can organize the tour for groups on requested dates as well!
Do you have some doubts or/and need more info? Call us (+351 938 076 430) or write to us to the email@example.com e-mail address. Under the Contact menu you can find alternative contact information too!
The price includes
- Transport from Porto to Arco de Baúlhe and from Amarante back to Porto1
- Trekking bicycle for the tour
- Support during the tour3
- Liability insurance and personal accident insurance according to the Portuguese law (go to the Terms and Conditions for more info)
- One time refreshment during the tour (water and energy bars)
- Bicycle helmet, in case you don’t have your own 2
- Mobile phone and GPS for the tour (one of each for the group)
- Printed map if needed with marked points of interests
- Technical support
The price excludes
- Traveling to Portugal and/or any other traveling costs excluding the above mentioned
- Accommodation, meals and drinks costs beyond the above mentioned
- Entry fees for tourist attractions
- Bicycle gear, spare parts, etc.
- Other additional or optional expenses
The rental bikes are Trek FX 7,3 with 37-40/700c tyres and equipped with V-brakes, light weight ideal for the route. Also equipped with mud guards, bell and racks. They are available in different sizes 14”-21”. The aluminum frame, rigid fork and the light weight construction makes them efficient for this journey.
This tour is recommended to
- Everyone from young to old, who likes bicycle touring, and knows how to ride a bike and has minimal physical preparation.
- For those who haven’t been in Portugal yet, or haven’t cycled here
- For those who like the Mediterranean culture and gastronomy and nature
Positive elevation: 225m
It is a easy tour, where you are going to cycle on a deactivated railway line, which is closed from traffic. Smoothly descending from starting point to the end with some occasional rolling hills.
Day trip overview
We pick you up at a prearranged place and time, already prepared for the cycling, than we drive to the village of Arco de Baúlhe, which takes 1,5 hours depending on traffic. The bicycle tour with the transports take a whole day, so consider a day off from your vacation.
After arriving to the starting point, we prepare the bikes, and the bicycle tour starts. You will follow the route on the GPS, which is the „Eco” path all the time, and navigate along the tour. The tour guide will be always nearby in case help is needed. You do the tour on your own pace, do stops whenever feels good.
At the end point of the tour in the city of Amarante the tour guide is going to wait for you and brings you back to Porto.
1 It is possible to change the pick-up point beyond the Porto vicinity. For this service, an extra cost is added to the price of the tour determined by the distance from Porto and it is always discussed with the client first.
2 Safety first! Using a proper bicycle helmet is mandatory on our every bicycle tours, as well as compliance and responsible behavior according to the Highway Code in Portugal. If you do not have a helmet, please let us know when you subscribe for the tour, we lend you one!
3 The supported tour means that the tour is not guided. The group cycles and navigates on their own with the help of the equipment provided. The tour guide is nearby with the van, ready to help if needed.
Please fill out the form below to apply. We will submit after the successful submission!