Do you like challenges and long tours? Pack your bags and visit Portugal! Our „Bikepacking – The Portuguese Coast” package offers you the classic way of exploring by bike, full autonomy with some support! You define the pace, where to stop, how many days you spend on the saddle and what you visit.
Then why you need us? For the background work. We prepare you the tour, give you a lift to the starting point and we pick you up at the end point. You can reach out to us as well in case you need any help. This way you can focus on your journey, and not to worry about anything, simply just enjoying your ride!
This journey gave us the idea to create Wheel Nuts Cyclotouring, when we did it in 2011. The route will lead you from Caminha to Lagos along the Portuguese Atlantic coast. During this tour you will encounter most of the best beaches in Portugal, learn about the culture, cycle through beautiful places while you will gain 820 km.
You will cycle through the two biggest cities of Portugal, Porto and Lisbon, to feel the Mediterranean vibe. On the other hand, you will encounter the peace of the countryside, pass through historical places like the medieval village Óbidos. Fisher villages, fortresses, palaces, natural parks, Port Wine, Portuguese cuisine and the famous Portuguese hospitality is all waiting for you! This is the full package for those who would love to see and to get to know Portugal better.
Hop on your bike, Portugal is waiting for you!
Whenever you would like to!
390 €/Person (2-5 persons)
490 € Single participant price
Bicycle rental fee 12€/day/bicycle
Do you have some doubts or/and need more info? Call us (+351 938 076 430) or write to us to the email@example.com e-mail adress. Under the Contact menu you can find alternative contact information too!
The price includes
- Transport from Porto to Caminha by car/bus
- Transport from the end point of the tour to the airport on your choice within Portugal (Faro, Lisbon, Porto)
- GPS track of the route, if needed in printed form as well
- Liability insurance and personal accident insurance according to the Portuguese law (go to the Terms and Conditions for more info)
- Detailed information about the accomodations (mainly campings) along the route
The price excludes
- Traveling to Portugal and/or any other traveling costs excluding the above mentioned
- Accommodation, meals and drinks costs
- Bicycle rental price (Optional)
- Entry fees for tourist attractions
- Bicycle gear, helmet, spare parts, etc.
- Other additional or optional expenses
The rental bikes are Trek FX 7,3 with 37-40/700c tyres and equipped with V-brakes, light weight ideal for the route. Also equipped with mud guards, bell and racks. They are available in different sizes 14”-21”. The aluminum frame, rigid fork and the light weight construction makes them efficient for this journey.
This tour is recommended to
- For those who like challenges and long tours, while discovering new places
- For those who like the Mediterranean culture and gastronomy
- For those who haven’t been in Portugal yet, or haven’t cycled here
- For those who are not afraid to get out a little bit of their comfort zone and have a thing for exploring
It is quite relative to describe how hard is this journey, since it depends completely on you what pace you are going to do. For example if you complete the route in two weeks I would say it is relaxed and not complicated at all. The northern part of the route is more flat than the southern part where you have rolling hills and occasionally steep uphills. One thing is definitely in your favor along the route, the northern wind called „Nortada” which will help you on the way!
The price doesn’t include accommodation, we provide a list of the campings along the route. If you prefer, we happily help to arrange accommodation too.
Please fill out the form below to apply. We will submit after the successful submission!