The walkway of the River Paiva is a unique construction, made from wood, stretching along the left bank of the river in the Aveiro region. It is 8 km long surrounded by the valley of the river, creating a special bond of ingenuity and nature. The river itself was considered the least polluted in Portugal, since ’90s is one of Europe’s cleanest river.
The hike begins in Areinho so that the first part of the walk is mainly flat and not much challenging. The second part of the walk includes the famous ascent of 500 steps, and from the top yo can appreciate a very unique view to the landscape.
The hike ends in Espiunca here we take a rest in a coffee bar by the river, than we drive back to Porto.
There are no predefined dates, please contact us for booking!
59 €/Person (2-5 Persons)
99 € Single participant
What can I do if the tour is sold out?
Let us know if you have an alternative date in your mind for the tour, and we do our best to make it happen for you. Are you willing to do the tour with your friends? We can organize the tour for groups on requested dates as well!
Do you have some doubts or/and need more info? Call us (+351 938 076 430) or write to us to the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address. Under the Contact menu you can find alternative contact information too!
The price includes
- Transport from Porto to Areinho by car/van 1
- Transport from Espiunca back to Porto1
- Entry fee to the Passadiço do Paiva walkway
- Liability insurance and personal accident insurance according to the Portuguese law (go to the Terms and Conditions for more info)
- Picnic pack (Drink, sandwich, fruit and dessert)
The price excludes
- Traveling to Portugal and/or any other traveling costs excluding the above mentioned
- Meals and drinks costs beyond the above mentioned
- Entry fees for tourist attractions
- Other additional or optional expenses
This tour is recommended to
- For those who like long walks in the nature
- For those who haven’t been in Portugal yet, or never been in the valley of the River Paiva
- For those who like unique constructions
It is a very enjoyable hike for any age, but still a bit more challenging than a conventional hike. It is necessary to have good physical condition because of the distance and the 500 steps up and 310 steps down.
Day trip overview
The complete tour with the transportation takes a full day. In a prearranged place and time we pick you up, then we go by van/car to the village of Areinho, which take smore or less 1,5 hour. The hike starts here, and counting with an average pace, it takes 2,5-3 hours to complete the route. This can alter, depending on your the physical condition and the pace
The walk itself is not guided, you do the walk without a guide, he will wait for you at the endpoint of the walkway with the van. After the hike we transport you back to porto.
1It is possible to change the pick-up point beyond the Porto vicinity. For this service, an extra cost is added to the price of the tour determined by the distance from Porto and it is always discussed with the client first.
Please fill out the form below to apply. We will post after successful submission